Where to Find “Special” Indiana Pesticide Registrations – Vegetable Crops Hotline

Where to Find “Special” Indiana Pesticide Registrations

Many of the pesticide products Indiana farmers use do not include specialty crops on the container’s label. These uses are often added through 24C Special Local Need (SLN) or supplemental labels, which can be challenging to locate. In response, the Office of the Indiana State Chemist created a “Pesticide Products- Special State Registrations” webpage with PDF files for each product. To access the webpage, click this address: https://oisc.purdue.edu/pesticide/special_state_registrations.html or scan this QR code:

QR Code

This webpage includes all special registrations, from biological insecticides for hemp to insecticides for emerald ash borers to herbicides for use in various fruits, vegetables, and ornamentals. For example, the 24C label for Dual Magnum® herbicide expands its use in approximately 70 vegetable, fruit, herb, and ornamental crops. According to the Office of the Indiana State Chemist, the webpage will grow to include Section 18 (emergency exemption labels) and Experimental Use Permits (EUPs).

Share This Article
It is the policy of the Purdue University that all persons have equal opportunity and access to its educational programs, services, activities, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran. Purdue is an Affirmative Action Institution. This material may be available in alternative formats. 1-888-EXT-INFO Disclaimer: Reference to products in this publication is not intended to be an endorsement to the exclusion of others which may have similar uses. Any person using products listed in this publication assumes full responsibility for their use in accordance with current directions of the manufacturer.
Vegetable Crops Hotline - Horticulture & Landscape Architecture, 625 Agriculture Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907

© 2024 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Vegetable Crops Hotline

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact Vegetable Crops Hotline at plangenh@purdue.edu | Accessibility Resources